Online Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information Petsqui Inc. (“Petsqui”, “us” or “we”) collects, uses and shares through its website (petsqui.com), mobile applications and all of Petsqui’s products and services (“Services”). Below are highlights of our personal information handling practices.
Privacy Notice Highlights
What kinds of information do we collect? We collect your information from the following sources:
- Your content and other information you give us when you use our Services, such as when you create a Petqui account, fill out forms and surveys, contact us, and when you create or share content and message or communicate with others such as post comments, and join goups on Petsqui. (This includes information about the content you provide, including the details about photos posted).
- Information about how you use our Services, such as information about the type of content you view or engage with, the people and groups you connect to, and your Pet Tree.
- Information we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about the length and frequency of your browsing, your browser and operating system settings, hardware and device settings, IP address, and other information collected through cookies.
- Content and information about you from other people that use our Services, such as photos of you, messages and communication sent to you.
- Content and information about you from third parties, such as social media sites that you use to sign into your Petsqui account (like Facebook or Twitter), social media sites you link to your account, or when you permit us to access third party apps such as when you upload pictures or contacts from your mobile phone.
- Information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties but we may sell or share anonymized aggregated data and statistics that we collect from our users.
- We use your information to provide the Services and to manage our business operations. For example, we use your information in order to authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our Services.
- We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
- We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
- We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide Services.
- Your Choices
- The User Preferences allows you to change your communication preferences with respect to e-mails and notifications from us.
- You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your profile and activity, to fulfill legal requirements.
- How to Contact Us
- If you have a privacy question or concern, feel free to contact us.
Detailed Privacy Notice
- About Us The website Petqui.com, the Petsqui mobile application and all of Petsqui’s products and services (“Services”) are operated by Pestqui Inc. We are located at 4425 rue Drolet, Montréal, (QC) H2W 2L9, Canada. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us using our web form using the following link: [URL]. In this Privacy Notice, the terms "we", "our" and "us" mean Petsqui Inc.
- Effective Date and Scope This Privacy Notice is effective as of April 10, 2017. This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through the Services.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect? Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your image, and may include your age, and other similar information when associated with you. If you choose to enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information, we may also collect your location details. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or messages or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you. If you are a business user, personal information does not include your title, business address and business telephone number. We collect personal information from you when you create an account, when you use the Services, when you create or share content and message and communicate with others. This includes information about the content you provide, such as details about photos posted. For example, we will collect information about the type of content you view or engage with, the people and groups you connect to and your Pet Tree. We also collect information automatically when you visit our website, such as information about the length and frequency of your browsing, your browser and operating system settings, mobile operator or ISP details, language and time zone, hardware and device settings, IP address, and other information collected through cookies. We also collect personal information from you when you enter a contest or promotion, communicate with us using our web forms, submit a product review, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication. We also collect information about your location if you opt-in through your account settings or choose to publish it in your profile. We receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information about you from other people that use our Services, such as photos of you, messages and communication sent to you. We may also acquire information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us. Other information we collect includes information that you share with us about your pet.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide the Services. Some examples include:
- to create a Petsqui account and to authenticate you when you log into your account.
- to send you information about our Services, respond to your requests, facilitate your use of the Services.
- to help you connect with other Petsqui users, even if that information is not publicly displayed. For example, by making recommendations for new contacts based on information from your contact list or information from other services such as Facebook or Twitter.
- to administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
- to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
- to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business;
- to optimize your experience with our Services based on your browser settings and IP address;
- to celebrate your Petsqui social media achievements. For example, to determine which post is the most liked post of the month or who has the healthiest PetTree of the community. With your consent, we may share this information with other Petsqui users;
- to inform the Petsqui community and third parties of Petsqui statistics, and the growth and accomplishments of Petsqui benchmarks such as how many users we have, how many cats, dogs, iguanas, etc.
- Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you use the Services in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to the Services, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize content that you see. We also use this information to improve the Services. For example:
- we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- we log the frequency of visits to certain pages and features of the Services on how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, to improve the Services and learn about your interests;
- we use information about links that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other content, products or services that you might be interested in;
- we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
- Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our website uses small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your use of our Services. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called "interest-based advertising".
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers.
Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website. In addition, we will continue to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our website unless you block cookies from our website. If you block cookies on our website, certain functions will not function properly because our website must recognize you as you move through the checkout process.
- Regarding Children and Minors Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about a child under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
- Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share and disclose your information:
- At your direction, such as when you choose to publicly post content (video, image, or text) or update your profile information. Petsqui is a social media platform most of the information you provide through the Service is information that you choose to make public. This includes content you post and data associated with the content like when it was posted, accounts you follow, content you like or comment on, and other public interactions with the Services. Think carefully about what you choose to make public.
- With our service providers who help us with the Services and run our business operations. For example, we share information with service providers who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
- We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- We may also disclose your personal information where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
- If we receive a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, our policy is to provide the requested information.
- When it is non-private, aggregated or otherwise not personal information.
- Storage Outside of Canada Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. We require that our service providers safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
- How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
- If you are a registered user of our Services, we provide you with tools and account settings to access or modify the profile information you provided to us and associated with your account.
- If you register for an account, you will have the option to choose what marketing and promotional e-mails and communications you receive from us. – its in the profile there's an opt out
- You can permanently delete your Petsqui account through your account settings Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
- If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us please contact us.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information
- We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information.
- Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not provide us with personal information if you consider that information to be sensitive.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
- You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. You may also connect to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice.
- You may create links between our Services and other websites including social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our products and services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
- Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
Changes to this Notice
Copyright © 2020 - Petsqui Inc and Vivid Unity Ltd | Designed by Vivid Unity